When you’re busy with work, education, looking after the kids (or all three!), it can be easy to neglect your skincare routine.
The trouble is, although it doesn’t count for everything, your appearance is what people see first.
So, happy, healthy, glowing skin is important if you want to look and feel your best. Here’s what should be included in every skincare routine.
1. Know your skin type
There’s no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to skincare. Everyone’s skin is different – while one person might find their skin is overly dry, the next might be suffering with too much oil in their skin.
Here’s a quick guide to identifying your skin type:
- Normal – Normal skin will generally be firm and smooth. The goldilocks of skin types, it’s never too dry or too oily!
- Dry skin – If you notice flaky or rough patches, you most likely have dry skin.
- Oily skin – Prone to blemishes, oily skin will often look visibly shiny.
- Combination – As the name suggests, the combination skin type is a little bit of everything. You may experience oil on your t-zone, but also have rough, dry patches too.
Once you’ve identified your skin type, you can then build your routine around that.
2. Start small
As with any new goal, trying to do it all at once will never work.
If you draw up a ten-minute routine to do both morning or night you’re unlikely to stick to it. Try small steps first, and then build up to a full routine.
3. Try new products
Not all products will be a good fit for your skin.
Look carefully at the products you use, or any new ones you invest in, to make sure they’re suitable for your skin type.
You should also consider using natural and organic products. These contain no harsh chemicals, meaning they’re much less likely to upset and irritate your skin.
Your skincare kit should ideally include:
- Cleanser – This is a gentle, water based product that helps to remove any debris from the skin. It should also form the first part of your routine.
- Toner – Toner is used to soften and calm the skin after a long day or night. Toner will contain vital ingredients that replenish the skin.
- Exfoliant – Exfoliants are used to scrub the skin of any dead cells that might have built-up. Regular exfoliation can give you smoother, fresher looking skin.
- Moisturizer – Moisturizing is one of the most important parts of the process. It helps keep your skin hydrated, and can help you look younger for longer!
Here on the Pure Soap website, you’ll find the best natural organic soaps and sugar scrubs that can form part of your perfect skincare routine. Keep checking back as we add new products throughout the year!